Write for Threads
We’re opening our “Lead” and “Life” article sections to user-submissions, which means you can now lend your voice and add to the conversation taking place on ThreadsMedia.com! For more information, including the nuts & bolts of how this all works, read on…
Information About Threads
- Threads is the Young Adult arm of LifeWay Christian Resources, one of the largest Christian communications companies, having served hundreds of thousands of ministries and millions of people with quality, Bible-based products and services for over 100 years.
- ThreadsMedia.com is geared toward young adults and those serving young adults, primarily within the local church setting. “Live” articles focus on issues that are relevant in the lives of young adults. “Lead” articles are mostly practical in nature, focusing on the “how to” of young adult ministry.
Content Submission Guidelines
We do not offer payment on these online article submissions. All submissions should be made through this page/form; please refrain from direct email, phone and/or fax pitches or from contacting us in regard to the status of your submission. If you do not hear from us via email or telephone within a reasonable period of time, we are not interested in your work.
Please only submit articles for our consideration for publication on the ThreadsMedia.com site. You may find more information about writing curriculum or for any of LifeWay’s print publications at http://www.lifeway.com/writing.
By submitting your article you are granting us the right to modify, use, distribute, reproduce, publish and display the submission indefinitely as part of ThreadsMedia.com & other sites produced and owned by LifeWay. You will retain copyright to your written work. We do require a 90-day exclusive use of your submission after which time you are free to publish it elsewhere. You are free to include a copy of the article text on your own personal web page, without the intent to distribute the article elsewhere, during this time period. Due to copyright restrictions, however, no images added by Threads during the editorial process, including Threads logos, may be used.
On occasion articles may be selected for publication in one of our print products, or writers may be contacted to write additional pieces for online & print publication. In these instances additional works will be contracted out with the writer and compensated accordingly.
Prior to submission, please familiarize yourself with the articles currently listed on in both the ‘Life’ & ‘Lead’ sections of the site. Note subject matter, technique, style and format, and write accordingly.
Threads has the right to make editing changes consistent with the purpose and target group of our site and to ensure consistency with the current Baptist Faith and Message.
Please be sure to credit any/all outside sources of information. Formal bibliographic notation is not necessary, but a book or article’s general publication information, or a link so that readers can find it, is preferred. External links outside of these source references should be avoided. All writers should also include a brief (3 to 4 lines) biographical statement.
By submitting your article you are declaring that…
- …you are the sole owner of the article;
- …you have given proper credit to quotations from published sources; and
- …you have verified the accuracy of facts contained in the article.
Once again, to reiterate our policy, we do not guarantee publication or payment for articles submitted.
Submitted articles should adhere to the following guidelines:
- We do not accept article queries. Please submit complete articles only.
- All articles should be between 500 and 800 words, in most cases ‘more’ being preferred over less. Submissions under 500 words (unless otherwise specified or planned in advance) will not be considered.
- Please submit the text of your article using the form on the next page.
- Refrain from using text formatting such as bold or italicized text, or including images and/or font & color changes as you are writing. Any formatting will be stripped from the article when pasted into the textbox on the form.
- Avoid including links to external websites (outside of bibliographic references)
- Please double-check spelling and grammar before submitting. All articles will be edited for length, grammar, content, style and tone.
- If your work has been previously published elsewhere, please indicate where and when. Material published elsewhere will generally not be considered for publication for LifeWay publications.