The Threads Blog
I launched my shady blog tour of Blemished a few weeks ago You can see my explanation for doing this at the beginning of THIS post. Thus far, we’ve been grateful to talk with Pete Wilson and Ed Stetzer. You can see their interviews HERE and HERE. This week, however, we have a new “interviewer.” Ben might have one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know. Outside of being a great guy, he also serves as the Experience & Innovation Director at Catalyst and is the founder of The Whiteboard Sessions. He’s a former church planter and all around brilliant guy. Thanks so much to “Ben Arment” and to my good friend, the real Ben Arment.
Do you watch Lost? I absolutely love/hate that show. I love that it’s all twisted up and you never know what’s going to happen, but I hate it for those very same reasons! They give you just enough each week to mess with your brain and to make you return next week, but never enough to leave you satisfied. We were talking here in the office this morning about Lost and mentioned how nice it would be to know where this thing is really going, to get a chance to see the last pages of the story without experiencing the discomfort of waiting between episodes. The more I think about it though, it’s the getting to those last pages that’s the fun part. Sometimes I get tired of the process and can get easily distracted by new shows or whatever, but I’m hoping that the end of the story will be worth the wait and the effort it takes to stay focused.
Welcome to the new Collegiate blog! If you’re a college student or a leader of college students, we want to hear from you. What are you going through? What cool stuff has happened in your life lately? What is God doing at your college or in your ministry? This is a place where you can share your thoughts and ideas—anything related to college. We, the Collegiate staff, will keep you updated on current happenings in college life, what’s going on with the magazine, Bible study, and events from Threads, and just about anything else we think is applicable along the way.
- Total people transported: 183
- Decisions: 5
- Visits to BeachReach Live: 733
- Hits to BeachReach Live: 78,800
- Total people transported: 295
- Decisions: 7
- Visits to BeachReach Live: 1,041
- Hits to BeachReach Live: 130,896
- Total people transported: 395
- Decisions: 1
- Visits to BeachReach Live: 911
- Hits to BeachReach Live: 122,346
- Total people transported: 377
- Decisions: 19 (14 from pancakes!)
- Visits to BeachReach Live: 685
- Hits to BeachReach Live: 99,097
After the largest week of BeachReach we’ve ever had, we sift through the numbers and realize just how much God showed up!
- Total people transported: 1,152
- Total visits to BeachReach Live: 1,498
- Hits to BeachReach Live: 205,364
- Decisions for Christ: 5
- Re-dedications: 4
Being a leader is easy. All you have to do is show up with a vision of how things should be and then start putting people in the right places so they can make your vision a reality. If you lead really well, you won’t even have to get your hands dirty. I mean, how can you lead and oversee everything if you’re busy actually doing the work? Right?
- Total people transported: 1,347
- Total visits to BeachReach Live: 1,887
- Hits to BeachReach Live: 287,133
- Decisions for Christ: 7
- Re-dedications: 4
- Total people transported: 1,441
- Visits to BeachReach Live Page: 1,931
- BeachReach Live Page views: 257,521
- Decisions for Christ: 4
- Re-Dedications: 4
A few months ago, a review copy of a new book landed on my desk—The Green Bible. New books cross my desk every day, but this is by far the most interesting one yet.